What is The Full Step-by-Step Process for Getting Dental Veneers?
What are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are thin porcelain or resin shells applied to a tooth’s front surface to improve its appearance. Chips, cracks, gaps, discoloration, misalignment, and irregular shapes are all common problems that they are used to fix. The veneer is made to match the shape and color of the neighboring teeth and is bonded to the tooth with a strong dental adhesive.
What is the Step-by-Step Procedure for Getting Dental Veneers?
The following are the steps involved in getting dental veneers:
Preparation and Before The Procedure
- Consultation: Before getting dental veneers, you will meet with our dentist at 22031 to discuss your goals, determine if veneers are a good option, and review the procedure and expected outcomes. Your dentist will also examine your oral health and address any underlying issues that require attention before the procedure.
- Preparation: Our cosmetic dentist will clean and shape your teeth in preparation for the veneers. Removing a small amount of tooth enamel may be necessary to make room for the veneer and ensure a proper fit. The dentist will take impressions of your teeth, which will be used to create a model for the custom-made veneers.
- Temporary Veneers: Temporary veneers may be placed on the teeth in some cases to protect them until the permanent veneers are ready.
- Custom-made Veneers: Custom-made veneers will be created based on the impressions taken during the preparation step.
- Local anesthesia: may be used to numb the area being treated, depending on the extent of the procedure.
- Pre-operative Instructions: Our cosmetic dentist near you at Drummond Dental Care may provide you with pre-operative instructions, such as avoiding certain foods or beverages and brushing and flossing regularly.
During the Dental Veneers Procedure
- Tooth Cleaning: To ensure a strong bond between the veneer and the tooth, your teeth will be thoroughly cleaned.
- Etching: The tooth’s surface will be roughened or etched to improve adhesion.
- Bonding: A special dental adhesive will be used to bond the veneer to the tooth after it has been carefully placed on the tooth.
- Curing: The dental adhesive will be cured with a special light to harden the bond.
- Contouring: The veneer will be trimmed and shaped to ensure a proper fit and natural appearance.
- Polishing: The veneer will be polished to make it look smooth and natural.
After the Dental Veneers Procedure
- Follow-up Visit: You will return to your dentist to discuss the results and ensure proper healing.
- Oral Hygiene: Our dentist in Merrifield, VA will instruct you on proper oral hygiene practices to keep your teeth and veneers healthy.
- Avoid Certain Foods: To prevent veneer damage, you may be advised to avoid certain foods, such as hard or sticky foods.
- Regular Dental Visits: It is critical to maintaining the health of your teeth and veneers by continuing with regular dental check-ups and cleanings.
- Touch-ups and maintenance: procedures may be recommended by your dentist if necessary to keep your veneers looking their best.
Your dentist may have additional instructions specific to your case. It is critical to follow all post-operative instructions to ensure your dental veneers’ best results and longevity.
What are the Benefits of Getting Dental Veneers?
Some of the benefits of getting tooth veneers include the following:
- Dental veneers can significantly improve the appearance of your smile by correcting cosmetic flaws like chips, cracks, gaps, discoloration, misalignment, and irregular shapes.
- Dental veneers are made of high-quality materials that are long-lasting and durable. They can last up to 10-20 years if properly cared for.
- Unlike other cosmetic dental procedures, veneers do not necessitate extensive tooth removal or reshaping. To make room for the veneer, only a tiny amount of tooth enamel is removed, making the procedure minimally invasive.
- Dental veneers are made to match the shape, size, and color of your surrounding teeth, resulting in a natural and seamless appearance.
- Improves Self-Esteem: Dental veneers can give you the smile you’ve always wanted while also boosting your confidence in social and professional situations.
Get Dental Veneers Near You
Veneers are a cosmetic procedure that is not usually necessary for tooth health but can greatly improve a person’s smile. With proper care, the procedure usually requires two visits to the dentist and can last anywhere from 10 to 20 years. Are you looking to get tooth veneers near Merrifield, VA? Contact us at Drummond Dental Care to get dental veneers in Fairfax, VA!